Friday, June 27, 2014

One Minute Update (27 June)

Greetings all,

I am days away from my 'summer vacation' and I am really looking forward to it.  I hope to hike the
It will be a miracle IF I can make it.
I will try to find the motivation
to keep putting one foot in front
of another.  Wish me luck!
Colorado Trail which could be a 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or 10 week hiking adventure-- 486 mi. from Denver to Durango.  It is an adventure that I have been dreaming about for years and this year finally I have the opportunity to do it.  So wish me luck.  I am not into 'selfies', so I think I will try to shoot a little video as a documentary of my hiking adventure.  We'll see what I come up with.  Where I want to take my photography next is one of the great questions I hope to find an answer about during this trip.


If any issues arise Paul Martin, the Deputy, is in charge and with Arnett the Intern they are both an easy email away.  I think you guys are all in the best of hands.

Another update is that I am excited to announce that we will be collaborating again this year with the Horticultural Art Society of Colorado Springs in a 2nd Annual Photo Contest.

They are working on the details and I believe the deadline will be September 31st.  For those that did not compete last year the subject for the contest are the gardens that the HAS cares for to include the Demonstration Gardens.

News:


Try A Free PPAedu Video! Commercial Photography: Lighting a Reflective Object with Cris J. Duncan

The Marriage of Wedding Photography and Photojournalism Getting Totally Out of Hand 

Eerie Large Format Photographs of Central Park Taken in the Middle of the Night

The Stories of Change

Incredibly Mind-Bending Images, You Have to See These
A Collection of Powerful Black and White Images


Rant & Rave:


You know most of the time a Rant or a Rave will focus on problems or issues.  Not this time.  I just want to share 'something great' or a moment when all was right with me and this Group.  It happened a couple weeks ago when I hosted a MeetUp called 'Portraits in the Park'.  It was not meant to be a class, more of a shoot outing.  And it turned out fantastic-  and I had practically nothing to do with it other than posting it.  Members helped members.  There were people of all skill levels.  People learned how to use reflectors by not just seeing one but by holding one so that a great image could be made.  And great images were being made- a few have been uploaded to our MeetUp photo album.  But from the perspective of your Organizer it was a perfect 5 star event. What makes us GREAT is our diversity, our passion for photography and our openness to share and 'have FUN!'

There are other things that we do: Community Service, Student Scholarships and a 'Community' Photo Contest.  But those are just programs that we are invested in.  The fact that we ourselves have become such a great community is what I hope that we can alway be and deliver.

Photo by Richard Firth
Think I will sign off with that. . .

Let's have FUN!
Charlie



Our Vision:  Educate, Showcase and Serve our Community 

1 comment: